Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Week

The first week is a short yet a confusing one. Still wading through the long lines, exhausted personnel and over enthusiastic teachers.

I still don't have my class schedule and everyone is just too busy to get the overrides sign. It's tempting to just want to throw in the towel and say, "I am just unable." However, I am showing up in the hopes that the paper work I am waiting on will get done before it's too late.

I don't remember the first week of classes being so difficult. I also don't remember the teachers so enthusiastic and righteous in their pursuit to teach you something. LOL...."I walked 15 miles in a blizzard to get to my classes with a baby tied to my back. So no excuses." Reminds me of a Monty Python sketch.

I believe the one class I'm in Speech and Communication will prove to be an adventure. I am determined to learn something new and apply that to the work I do currently on the public front.

The best part of the week is, not feeling too old to be there.

1 comment:

  1. Go you! I've started and stopped and fallen into the "I just can't do it right now" trap but maybe I can. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete